Concerning the SECURITY OF YOUR SALVATION… it has double guarantee with single responsibility as the terms of Christ’s New Covenant stipulates.
1. IMPOSSIBILITY by Guarantee: No one can pluck you away (John 10:28-29)
2. IMPOSSIBILITY by Guarantee: Christ will not cast you away (John 6:37-39)
3. POSSIBILITY by Responsibility: Only you can fall away by your willful abuse of Grace in despising, betraying or denying Christ and neglect to take heed lest you fall (Luk 8:13; 2Thes 2:3; Heb 6:4-6).
The Scriptures seriously dwelled on warning against the last because the first two are assurances and not your responsibility but the third is the risky side of the triangle and in your hands as your grace-enabled responsibility.
THE MODERN DERAILED CHURCH SERIOUSLY DWELLS ON THE FIRST TWO AND DENIES THAT THE LAST HAS ANY CONSEQUENCE.
This trendy tendency by some erring logicians who deceive some Christians today is entirely unscriptural and unapostolic!!!
1 Corinthians 10:1-10
(1) Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
(2) And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
(3) And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
(4) And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
(5) But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
(6) Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
(7) Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
(8) Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
(9) Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
(10) Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
(26) For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
(27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
(28) He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
(29) Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
(30) For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
(31) It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
_*No one can PLUCK you away.*_
_*Christ will not CAST you away*_
_*Only you can FALL away.*_
Nevertheless, the Father is Sovereign and always reserves the authority to TAKE away and THROW out any FRUITLESS branch!
1 “I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener.
2 He takes away every branch that does not bear fruit in me. He prunes every branch that bears fruit so that it will bear more fruit.
3 You are clean already because of the word that I have spoken to you.
4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it remains in the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me.
5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in me – and I in him – bears much fruit, because apart from me you can accomplish nothing.
6 If anyone does not remain in me, he is thrown out like a branch, and dries up; and such branches are gathered up and thrown into the fire, and are burned up.
So, TAKE HEED LEST YOU FALL! And BE DILIGENT TO ABIDE FOR FRUITFULNESS!