DREAMS: Myths and meanings
Ecc 5:3a and 7
(3) For a dream comes through much business; ….
(7) For in the multitude of dreams and many words there are also many vanities: but you fear God
(8) It shall even be as when a hungry man dreams, and, behold, he eats; but he awakes, and his soul is empty: or as when a thirsty man dreams, and, behold, he drinks; but he awakes, and, behold, he is faint, and his soul has appetite: so shall the multitude of all the nations be, that fight against mount Zion.
Many people and cultures think dreams reveal extraneous things and have superstitious meanings.
*Anything can occur in our dreams. Dream is the natural way to clean-up the brain of what it has seen and imagined, done and desired (more like defragmenting a computer hard drive). So your dreams mostly reveal your mind to you.*
What you think, hear, see and do in your wake time will be fragmentally mingled in the dreams you have in your sleep time. Even sounds you hear while asleep dreaming will be mingled into your dream.
*Sometimes, dreams also serve to reveal both divine and mundane things, but which you are concerned about.*
(18) That they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning this secret; that Daniel and his fellows should not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon.
(19) Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.
(29) As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came into thy mind upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass.
Dreams are enigmatic to many cultural world-views and superstitions, but the Bible demystifies dream to some extent. According to the Scriptures, dreams come
1. from multitude of our thoughts, worries and desires (Dan 2:28-29) and other daily activities (Eccl 3:5 and 7) or
2. from divine revelation or prophetic vision (Num 12:6; Job 33:14-16; Dan 2:19) and also
3. from demonic interaction or interjection, especially for those under demonic subjection and bondage.
Dreams are mostly normal brain defragmenting reboot or restart, but occasionally it is online divine brain programming or demonic brain hacking.