Many people and cultures think that dreams only reveal extraneous things and have superstitious meanings. They seek mysterious ways to interpret dreams on the basis of this superstition. However The Scriptures reveal a different realistic truth and Medical Science agrees with the Scriptures.
(3) For a DREAM COMETH THROUGH THE MULTITUDE OF BUSINESS; and a fool’s voice is known by multitude of words.
(The scientific study of dreams is called oneirology. This is different from the unscientific divination based on superstitious interpretation of dreams called oneiromancy.
A dream is a succession of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations that usually occur involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep. …
Dreams are hallucinations that occur during certain stages of sleep. They’re strongest during REM sleep, or the rapid eye movement stage, when you may be less likely to recall your dream. Much is known about the role of sleep in regulating our metabolism, blood pressure, brain function, and other aspects of health.)
Anything can occur in our dreams. Dream is the natural way to clean-up the brain of what it has seen and imagined, done and desired (more like defragmenting a computer hard drive) for fresher functionality. There is therefore, no reason to be perplexed about dreams
The truth is that your dreams mostly reveal your mind and experiences to you. They are mostly revisional rather than revelational.
Sometimes though, dreams also serve to reveal both divine and mundane things, but which you are concerned about.
(17) Then Daniel went to his house, and made the thing known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions:
(18) That they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning this secret; that Daniel and his fellows should not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon.
(19) Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.
(29) As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came into thy mind upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass.
So, you can determine how you would behave in your dream by the way you think consciously and the decision you make convincingly before you sleep. Therefore your prayers can affect your dreams. You can even decide that you would wake up when your dreams bring up certain undesirable components. Apart from Divine Revelations, you are not at the mercy of your dreams, rather your dreams are mostly in your hands!
Try it. It works!