TOPIC: Dying To Self By Serving Others
TEXT: Mt 28:18-20; Rom 12:4-8 1Pet 4:10-11
MEMORY VERSE: Rom 13:8
As a child of God, you have a privileged responsibility to be in ministry alongside others in the Body of Christ. To accomplish His purposes in your area(s) of service, God has provided you with everything needed to fulfil this ministry so that you may do your part to build up the Body of Christ and to bring glory to His name.
1. God has given you His Son, who alone can provide you with abundant life and access to God, the Father (Jn 10:10; Eph 2:14-18).
2. God has given you His Word which alone will provide specific direction for every area of life (2Tim 3:16-17; Heb 4:12).
3. God has sent His Spirit to indwell you and to help you understand the things of God (Rom 8:9-11; 1Cor 2:10-12; Eph 3:16).
4. God gives at least one Spiritual gift, in addition to talents and abilities, to every believer. These gracious provisions are not for your own use but are to be used for service and edification in the Body of Christ (1Cor 12:7; Eph 4:16; 1Pet 4:10).
5. God has given a variety of Spiritual gifts to His children to accomplish a number of ministries in an effective and harmonious manner, consistent with the unity in the Body of Christ (Rom 12:6-8; 1Cor 12:4-6).
6. In the history of the Church, God has sovereignly chosen spiritually gifted leaders (Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers) to fulfil specific functions in the Body of Christ (1Cor 12:28; Eph 4:11-12).
7. In the life and history of the Church, spiritual gifts have been granted to individuals for the benefit of the Body of Christ and the glory of God. In each of the following passages identify the spiritual gifts and their uses for the benefit of the Church:
i. Rom 12:6-8
ii. 1Cor 12:8-10, 28
iii. 1Pet 4:11).