FULL SALVATION IN CHRIST
All Scripture consistently show that the uttermost salvation or sufficient redemption which God has purposed and provided for all humanity in Christ has THREE ASPECTS, all of which we must all embrace to enter eternal inheritance of Christ’s Kingdom:
- the PAST aspect we have received by believing,
- the PRESENT aspect we receive by persevering, and
- the FUTURE aspect we shall receive by overcoming.
2 Corinthians 1:10
(10) Who DELIVERED us from so great a death, and DOES DELIVER: in whom we trust that he WILL YET DELIVER us;
(9) Much more then, BEING NOW JUSTIFIED by his blood, we SHALL BE SAVED from wrath through him.
(10) For if, when we were enemies, we WERE RECONCILED to God by the death of his Son, much more, BEING RECONCILED, we SHALL BE SAVED by his life.
(11) And not only so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we HAVE NOW RECEIVED THE RECONCILIATION.
- Those who BELIEVED have BEEN ‘saved’ (REGENERATION and JUSTIFICATION) from sin’s POWER and PENALTY.
- Those who PERSEVERE are BEING ‘saved’ (SANCTIFICATION) from sin’s POLLUTION.
- Those who shall OVERCOME shall BE ‘saved’ (GLORIFICATION) from sin’s PRESENCE.
WE HAVE BEEN Saved (Luk 7:50; 18:42), when Christ has Reconciled us in our Regeneration through Faith in Him.
(50) And he said to the woman, Your faith has saved you; go in peace. ….
(42) And Jesus said unto him, Receive your sight: your faith has saved you.
WE ARE BEING Saved (Act 2:47; 1Joh 1:7), while Christ Renews us in our Race through Grace from Him.
(47) Praising God, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as were being saved. ….
1 John 1:7
(7) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.
WE SHALL BE Saved (Matt 10:22; 24:13; Luk 21:27-28), when Christ shall Resurrect us for our Reward in His eternal Glory.
(22) And you shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that endures to the end shall be saved. …..
(13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. …..
(27) And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
(28) And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draws near.
Many have recently undertaken to selectively pick and choose one aspect to override and overrule another aspect of the New Covenant salvation provided for us in Christ. The result of this amputation and elimination of parts of the Gospel Truth is that justification is taken to mean the same thing as glorification and the free gift of grace is perceived to mean the same thing as the reward prize of glory.
According to such semi-gospels, Grace is thought to eliminate the Race, Redemption is thought to eliminate Responsibility, Deliverance is thought to eliminate Duty, and Liberation is thought to eliminate Labour of love. To these half-sighted speculators, Divine Intervention is imagined to amputate Divine Instruction, Mediation is imagined to amputate Morals, Salvation is imagined to amputate Stewardship, and the Finished Work is imagined to amputate Good Works of Grace.
This hemiplegic approach to the Gospel is dangerous because it promotes rest in place of race, presents gift as if it is prize, and permits libertinism against sanctity. The Truth is that we are redeemed to be responsible, we are liberated to labour, we are given grace to run the race, we are empowered with grace to serve as stewards of grace, and the finished work is to make us fit for acceptable good works.