HARK, MY SOUL!
1. Hark, my soul! It is the Lord:
This thy saviour, hear His word:
Jesus speaks, and speaks to thee
“Say, poor sinner, love’st thou Me?”
2. “ I delivered thee when bound,
And, when bleeding, healed thy wound;
Sought thee wanderin, set thee right;
Turned thy darkness into light.
3. “Can a woman’s tender care
Cease towards the child she bare?
Yes! She may forgetful be;
Yet will I remember thee.
“Mine is an unchanging love,
Higher than the heights above;
Deeper than the depths beneath,
Free and faithful, strong as death.
5. “Thou shalt see My glory soon,
When the work of grace is done;
Partner of My throne shalt be :–
Say, poor sinner, lov’st thou Me ?”
6. Lord, it is my chief complaint
That my love is weak and faint;
Yes, I love thee and adore;
Oh for grace to love thee more.