JESUS LIVES! THY TERROR NOW
1. Jesus lives! Thy terrors now
Can no more, O death, appal us;
Jesus lives, by this we know
Thou, O grave, canst not enthrall us.
2. Jesus lives! Henceforth is death
But the gate of live immortal:
This shall calm our trembling breath,
When we pass its gloomy portal.
3. Jesus lives! For us he died;
Then, alone to Jesus living,
Pure in heart may we abide,
Glory to our Saviour giving.
4. Jesus lives! our hearts know well
Naught from us his love shall sever;
Life nor death nor power of hell
Tear us from his keeping ever.
5. Jesus lives! To him the throne
Over all the world is given:
May we go where he is gone,
Rest and reign with him in heaven.