Christian Deliverance is not only exorcism but should be understood as the full spiritual warfare of the whole armour of God that involves both:
1. a CASTING OUT (exorcism) of SPIRITS by authoritative word of command to release people from spiritual BONDAGE and
2. a CASTING DOWN (demolition) of STRONGHOLDS by declaration of the Word of Truth to rescue people from spiritual DANGER.
So, through Christian Deliverance ministry, the Church brings:
1. RELEASE from bondage of DEMONIZATION (possession or indwelling by evil spirits) and
2. RESCUE – from danger of DECEPTION with LIES (unbiblical speculation and superstition, revision of and rebellion against biblical Truth),
– from danger of DEFILEMENT with SIN (lust, depravity wickedness, crookedness) and
– from danger of DESTRUCTION with PAINS (distress, difficulties, disease, death)
From the foregoing, it should be obvious that Deliverance is not merely about the fascinating ritual performances and dramatic phenomena seen in many exorcisms – whether Christian true exorcism or non-Christian false exorcism (Matt 12:24-29). Rather, Deliverance consists in freedom from (and victory over) the devil to enter the kingdom life of spiritual, moral and mental transformation in Christ.
Luk 4:18 (KJV200)
(18) The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach DELIVERANCE to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Mat 8:16 (KJV200)
(16) When the evening came, they brought unto him many that were possessed with demons: and he CAST OUT the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:
Mat 10:1 (KJV200)
(1) And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to CAST THEM OUT, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
Rom 8:21 (KJV200)
(21) Because the creation itself also shall be DELIVERED from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
2Cor 1:10 (KJV200)
(10) Who DELIVERED us from so great a death, and does deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;
2Cor 10:3-5 (KJV2000)
(3) For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh:
(4) (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the PULLING DOWN of strongholds;)
(5) CASTING DOWN arguments, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;