Eternal Life is the Life of Christ which we SHARE with Christ when He indwells us through faith but which we shall ENTER into and INHERIT in the world to come if we through Grace persevere to overcome unto Glory.
(6) For he will repay everyone according to what that person has done:
(7) ETERNAL LIFE TO THOSE WHO STRIVE FOR GLORY, honor, and immortality by patiently doing good;
Many have fanciful ideas about Eternal Life which they do not care to learn from the Scriptures. They rather mean Eternal Life from dictionary words without biblical context. They forget that ETERNAL LIFE is not ETERNAL FAITH, as if it is a life that makes your faith eternal. So what does Eternal Life from biblical context?
1. ETERNAL LIFE IS THE LIFE IN CHRIST, WHICH WE SHARE IN ONLY WHEN AND WHILE WE HAVE CHRIST IN US.
1 John 5:11-12
(11) And this is the witness, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
(12) He that has the Son has life; and he that has not the Son of God has not life.
2. ETERNAL LIFE IN CHRIST IS PROMISED TO THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN CHRIST
(14) And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
(15) That whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
3. ETERNAL LIFE IS THE LIFE WE SHALL GO INTO OR INHERIT IN THE WORLD TO COME, IF WE LIVE RIGHTEOUSLY IN CHRIST AND ENDURE SUFFERING FOR THE GOSPELS OF CHRIST UNTO THE END.
(46) And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: BUT THE RIGHTEOUS INTO LIFE ETERNAL.
(25) He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that hates his life in this world shall keep it UNTO LIFE ETERNAL.
(21) Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
4. But unfortunately SOME WHO STARTED FIRST WITH SHARING IN ETERNAL LIFE MAY LOSE INHERITING IT AT LAST!
(29) And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that has left house, or brothers, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel’s,
(30) But he shall receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brothers, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; AND IN THE WORLD TO COME ETERNAL LIFE.
(31) BUT MANY THAT ARE FIRST SHALL BE LAST; AND THE LAST FIRST.