In summary, THE SAVING TRUTH is that _*Jesus came first to be born as the Divine Christ, Who lived, died, rose from the dead and ascended into heaven so that through believing in Him, all humanity shall be saved from the PENALTY, POLLUTION and POWER of sin in this age and shall be saved from the PRESENCE of sin in the age to come when Christ comes again:*_
1. By Christ’s WORKS ON THE CROSS (Blood and Death) we are redeemed (Col 1:14; Heb 9:12) from the PENALTY of sin unto JUSTIFICATION.
2. By Christ’s LIFE AND GIFT (Spirit and Grace) we are quickened (Rom 6:11-14; Eph 2:1, 5-7) against the POLLUTION and POWER of sin unto SANCTIFICATION.
3. By Christ’s APPEARING (Return and Glory) we shall be raised (Tit 2:13; Heb 9:28; 1Jn 3:2) from the PRESENCE of sin unto GLORIFICATION.
With passage of time and distractions of life and modifications of thought in the world, the Church has forgotten why Christ came or gotten mixed up about why Christ came and what salvation He brought to all humanity. So, what salvation has God offered us in Christ?
Our salvation in Christ is FROM SIN – from the BURDEN OF sin and the BONDAGE TO sin – UNTO SANCTITY of thought, word and deed.
The Angels only know what they said to Joseph when Mary was pregnant as a virgin:
(21) And she shall bring forth a son, and you shall call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
John the Baptist repeatedly introduced Christ as the savior from sin:
(29) The next day John saw Jesus coming unto him, and said, Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.
The Apostles’ patting words are..
And now, brethren,
I commend you to GOD,
and to the WORD of his GRACE,
which is able to build you up,
and to give you an inheritance
among all them who are SANCTIFIED.
*God has given us the Sanctification GIFT of Justification, but has called us to the Sanctification GOAL of Consecration.*
Sanctification is SEPARATION FROM SIN in order to PURIFY FROM SINFULNESS – not only the *MAGISTERIAL separation* from the condemnation of its guilty blame (JUSTIFICATION by the power of Christ’s atoning Blood), but also the *MORAL separation* from the contamination of sinful blemish (CONSECRATION by the power of Christ’s enabling Grace).
I. U. Ibeme.