WE ARE IN A PROPHETIC AGE
No wonder, it has become trendy that every ministry owner claims to be a PROPHET or to “PROPHESY” these days!
But beware and know that:
Only few are DEVOUT PROPHETS who could tell the divine Word about God and His programme. Such consecrated brethren are GOD’S PROPHETS.
Many are DECEITFUL PROPHETS who usually tell worthless fables about people’s mundane experiences and irrelevant activities. Often their prophecies diagnose problems with no moral solution. They blame someone else as cause of problems and their only solution is for the person to die or for the victim or client to pay some seed. These are not God’s Prophets but are profane, ravenous, flamboyant and commercial:
– SOOTHSAYERS (like Balaam in Josh 13:22 and the Python maid in Act 16:6)
– PROGNOSTICATORS (like the Babylonian Wizards in Isa 47:13)
– PSEUDO-PROPHETS (like the carnal prophets of Jerusalem in Jer 14:14-16).
(14) Then the LORD said unto me, THE PROPHETS PROPHESY LIES IN MY NAME: I SENT THEM NOT, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a worthless thing, and the deceit of their heart.
(15) Therefore thus says the LORD concerning THE PROPHETS THAT PROPHESY IN MY NAME, AND I SENT THEM NOT, yet they say, Sword and famine shall not be in this land; By sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed.
(16) And THE PEOPLE TO WHOM THEY PROPHESY SHALL BE CAST OUT in the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and the sword; and they shall have none to bury them, them, their wives, nor their sons, nor their daughters: for I will pour their wickedness upon them.
Much of what is done or seen as Prophesying in today’s cultural Church does not agree with what God teaches as Prophesying scripturally.
Every prophecy is conditioned on some reason and purpose depending on some action or inaction.
Prognostic predictions and urgeries which are held as fatalistic inevitables and mistaken as Prophecy today, are not Prophecies.
Even when Signs or Wonders may have come to pass as proofs, they still do not guarantee godly Fruit or Truth.